Re: [gdm-list] Multi-seat and multi-display support design

> I started on this but quickly abandoned it...  Too much to do and too
> steep a learning curve.  :-(
>
> My concept was to tie a USB hub to a seat.  That way, any device plugged
> into that hub belonged to the seat.  There is an issue with ownership and
> some security issues, but from reading the consolekit docs this could be
> dealt with.
>
> This gets around the issue of dealing with keyboards, sound devices, mice,
> DVD players, mp3 players, cameras...
>
> I'm assuming my users will be plugging in any/all of those and I would
> like for them to show up in the right seat.
Guess you're talking about bundling devices to seat. Only sessions on
top that seat can operate the bundled devices belong to the seat.

Seems like need ConsoleKit offer informations to PolicyKit, this should
be a requirement from PolicyKit. Could you do that?

> The other issue, which I haven't solved or even figured out how to
> approach, is one of turning off the monitor when not in use.  The systems
> I have use multi-output video cards, with an underlying X server and
> Xephyr on top.  Xephyr doesn't do DPMS, so the monitors stay on all the
> time.
Should not be a enhancement for Xephyr? I see Xorg have this option.

Cheers,
Halton.