[gdm-list] limit languages a user can choose

I'm trying to limit the languages a user can choose from the menu.

My problem is that the setup I'm working on will be used for language instruction and we want to limit the languages available to the ones the students are studying, not the ones installed on the system. So if the system will be used for Japanese, I only want Japanese to be available; not English or Swahili or whatever else happens to be installed.

Is there some way to do this via gdm?

--Yan