[gdm-list] Internet cafe application

Hello,

I'm in the process of writing an Internet cafe application for Linux
and I'd like to, eventually, have on the GDM login screen 3 text
boxes:
 - one for a user login with a timecode (basically the idea would be
that the customer would purchase a timecode which would allow him to
login for a specific amount of time, and he would enter this timecode
in the GDM login screen, which would start a default session)
 - 2 other text boxes for the usual username/password combination,
which would allow members of the Internet cafe to login into a
"normal" unix account
(Note: another way to do this would be to have the timecode login
screen enabled by default and have a button "I'm a member" that would
redirect to another window which would show the usual
username/password combination)

As for the authentication and session opening, I'm pretty sure what I
need to do is to write PAM module(s) that will do the work needed.

As for the login screen modification, I've looked at the GDM and
simple-greeter code, including GDM login themes, and did not see any
fairly easy way to do this. So, how should I go about this ? Is there
a way to write some kind of plugin to GDM ? Do I need to get into the
code and recompile my own version of GDM ?

Thank you.

--
Guillaume Viguier-Just