Re: [gdm-list] Is there a timeline for GDMsetup?

I can confirm the great interest in the "Karmic Testing" group in the
intricacies of configuration for gdm 2.26. A ,lot of us do this because we
enjoy it. But I'm very sure that if it is included when Ubuntu 9.10 is
released in October without at least some sort of configuration tool there
will be massive discontent and that the very real advances that have been
made since 2.20 will be completely overshadowed by the apparent loss of the
freedom to control how our machines work.

Of course someone could probably cobble together a set of scripts, once we
get clear just where everything is stored, but a cleanly built tool built by
a proper developer would enhance the image of Gnome, rather than risking
negative reactions.