Re: [gdm-list] svn GDM version

mine Ubuntu is 8.04 ... the gdm greeter files are in /usr/lib/gdm

if you just want to add some simple functions to gdm, just replace the
original gdmlogin files with yours.

or you can edit the /etc/gdm/gdm.conf  to choose ur gdmlogin files

[daemon]
Greeter = ...

I think use a virtual machine to test is a good idea ...