Re: [gdm-list] custom display on gdmgreeter

Good idea - but unfortunately that doesn't work unless you are logged in:

~$ export DISPLAY=:0
~$ notify-send "foo" "bar"
libnotify-Message: Unable to get session bus: dbus-launch failed to autolaunch D-Bus session: No protocol specified
Autolaunch error: X11 initialization failed.

Ishaaq