Re: [gdm-list] gdmdynamic questions

Yan:

I am running a multiseat setup using gdm.

http://wiki.c3sl.ufpr.br/multiseat/index.php/NVidia_multiseat

There is a basic script, mdm, which does device detection and builds the
x-server commands, and then uses gdmdynamic to launch each server as it is
configured.  (The script asks each user to type and click mouse buttons to
identify the keyboard and mouse to be attached to each head.)

I have a need for one head to autologin.  Is there some way to get
gdmdynamic to autologin as it launches an x server? In the currect
hardware configuration it is head 3 but it really can be any head.

Autologin, I believe, only works for display :0.  Autologin does not
work with gdmdynamic, but if you can configure GDM to manage display
:0 statically, then it can be managed via automatic login.  Some
enhancements to the code would be needed to support autologin via
gdmdynamic.

I'm not sure, but you might look into PAM.  You might be able to hack
a PAM module together than would avoid asking for username/password
for a particular display.  You can refer to the pam.conf or pam.d
manpage for more information, and there are plenty of resources on
the web for learning about PAM.

Brian