Re: [gdm-list] Configuration to limit the "chooser" menu to only list the non-global zones on the local system

Kamal:

GDM supports tcp wrapping, so you might be able to use TCP wrapping
configuration to control what hosts are displayed in the gdmchooser
menus.  You can refer to "man libwrap" to learn more about this.

However, I'm not sure if the version of GDM integrated into Solaris 10
supports TCP wrapping or not, so you'll need to check into this.

Brian

I need some help to configure the "chooser" menu in gdm for Solaris 10. The goal is to restrict the list to only the non-global zones on the local system. In the /etc/X11/gdm/gdm.conf configuration file I have set the following settings to disallow TCP connections:

    DisAllowTCP=true
    command==/usr/bin/Xserver -nolisten TCP
    Broadcast=false

After I restart the service, all the systems on the LAN are displayed in the "chooser" menu. Which setting has be to be updated to restrict the systems shown in "chooser" list to the ones that are only on the local system.

Thanks,
Kamal P. Talati
System Security Engineer

Citizant
5180 Parkstone Drive Suite 100
Chantilly, VA 20151

Office: 703.882.2327
Fax:    703.882.2929
www.citizant.com
IOS 9001:2000 certified - SEI CMMI Level 2 Appraised