Re: [gdm-list] Why do GDM 2.22.0 set xauth file owner as login user

Hi,

> Also, I
> notice Fedora set as "01777". So "01777" is mandatory on GDM 2.22,
> right?
Right, every X client needs read access to their associated cookie
file, and furthermore, need write access to /var/run/gdm for libXau
locking.
You could probably get away with 1773 without problems.

> In additions, like "/tmp", "/var/run" will be cleaned and removed when
> you reboot on Solaris. This is different from Linxu. We probably need to
> created this dir once it doesn't exist.
Makes sense.  I don't think anyone would mind if you committed a patch
to do that.

--Ray