[gdm-list] gconf

Does GDM use gconf, or does all its configuration live
in /etc/gdm/gdm.conf?

I'm working on scripts to non-interactively rebuild our systems on new
hardware - or if they fail. In some cases this involves installing
customized configuration files, in other cases it involves changing
settings in databases like debconf. I haven't yet had to change any
settings in gconf.

For example, the script needs to enable remote connections via XDMCP.
Should it be safe to install a customized /etc/gdm/gdm.conf, or do I
need to touch gconf?

Thanks and best wishes, Jack