[gdm-list] GDM2 2.20.7 (stable), the "Windy" Release
- From: Brian Cameron <Brian Cameron Sun COM>
- To: gnome-announce-list gnome org
- Cc: gdm-list <gdm-list gnome org>
- Subject: [gdm-list] GDM2 2.20.7 (stable), the "Windy" Release
- Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 13:04:05 -0500
If you have no clue what GDM is, refer to the documentation links
at the bottom of this announcement.
The 2.20.7 release is a stable release of the GNOME Display Manager
(GDM) program with the following bug fixes and improvements:
- When GDM checks the XFree86_VT atom, it does not set it if it
does not already exist. (Brian Cameron, Simon Zheng)
- Free a pointer array via g_free instead of g_ptr_array_free, avoiding
an assert on shutdown. (Frederic Crozat)
- When reading in the BaseXsession configuration value, it now only
accepts the first word as the script name and ignores the rest.
Previously if you had any trailing spaces or other arguments, it
would cause GDM to fail to read any value for the script. (Brian
- Use RBAC for Suspend when on Solaris. (Simon Zheng)
- Translation updates (Theppitak Karoonboonyanan, Priit Laes, Nickolay
V. Shmyrev, Clytie Siddall)
Note: GDM2 was originally written by Martin K. Petersen <mkp mkp net>.
Much work has been done on GDM2 by George Lebl; and Brian Cameron.
Note2: If installing from the tarball do note that make install
overwrites most of the setup files, all except gdm.conf. It will
however save backups with the .orig extension first.
Note3: Note3 has been depracated ...
#endif /* GDM_DISABLE_DEPRECATED */
Online Documentation - http://www.gnome.org/projects/gdm/
Latest Stable - http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/gdm/2.20/
Latest Unstable - http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/gdm/2.22/
Bug Reporting - http://bugzilla.gnome.org in the "gdm" category.
] [Thread Prev