Re: [gdm-list] List of useful GDM features/config options

>   * Automatic login (GUI configurable would be nice...). We can do
> without timed login and remote auto login.

Timed login would be missed.  I have used it for a few years with a Linux
terminal server system to setup terminals that by default sign in to guest
accounts.  However, a person could override the login.   I have even
submitted patches to fix timed login (with regards to accepting the
username via a pipe), but I expect not to have more time to work on GDM.

That's just an anecdote.  I can't speak for all users, but this query may
give you a little insight:
<http://www.google.com/search?q=ltsp+timedlogin>.

Andrew