[gdm-list] Helping out with GDM

Hey,
I just wanted to offer to help out with GDM. Brian had suggested I
post my intentions.
Originally I had an idea for a feature for GDM which I'll outline below;
I've been using linux for around 5.6.7? years? I'm a programmer, but I
haven't been able to contribute much back so I'm looking to start and
to learn to work in that community.
Feel free to let me know if I'm doing something the wrong way or if I
do something stupid. haha.

here was my idea:
When GDM starts up, it makes an "i'm ready" noise, which often can be
useful, but also embarrassing (if you're in class) maybe there would
be some way to mute that manually by pressing a button or whatnot so
as not to disturb anyone else.
After you login, a startup sound is often played, so it would also be
nice to be able to click a little mute checkbox before you login as to
avoid that noise too. Again there is one that gets played on exit, but
perhaps that's not a gdm issue. Let's help linux sounds not become the
annoying windows ones.

cheers,
purpleidea gmail com
_J