Re: [gdm-list] FC9 DisallowTCP

Xavier:

What version of GDM are you using?  You can run

  gdmflexiserver --command="VERSION"

to check if you are unsure.

[security]
DisallowTCP=false

to /etc/gdm/custom.conf but the X server still starts with '-nolisten tcp'. How can I stop gdm from adding this to the X server command?

Could you run:

  gdmflexiserver --command="GET_CONIFG security/DisallowTCP"

and verify that it is returning the value "false".  If it is not,
you perhaps forgot to restart GDM after changing the configuration
file.  You can either run gdm-restart as root, or a nicer way to
update a configuration value is to more simply run:

  gdmflexiserver --command="UPDATE_CONFIG security/DisallowTCP"

Does that fix your problem?

Looking at the code, it only adds "-nolisten tcp" in one place
in daemon/server.c.

It seems pretty clear the code should only be adding the value
if the key value is "true", unless there is a bug in the
following block of code that I am not seeing.

if (resolve_flags && gdm_daemon_config_get_value_bool (GDM_KEY_DISALLOW_TCP) && ! query_in_arglist) {
                argv[len++] = g_strdup ("-nolisten");
                argv[len++] = g_strdup ("tcp");
                d->tcp_disallowed = TRUE;
        }