Re: [gdm-list] pam_setcred and session unlocking

Le lundi 05 novembre 2007 à 16:30 -0500, William Jon McCann a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I'm about to add support for unlocking and switching to an existing
> session.  The way this works in 2.20 is that we authentication the
> user as usual and then if an existing session is detected we ask
> ConsoleKit to emit Unlock on that session and then we switch to the
> appropriate VT.
>
> One problem with this is that we didn't call pam_setcred with
> PAM_REINITIALIZE_CRED or PAM_REFRESH_CRED.
>
> So for trunk, do we think it is better to refresh the credentials for
> the existing session in GDM or perhaps to make gnome-screensaver do it
> in response the to Unlock signal from ConsoleKit?
>
> One possible advantage to doing it in gnome-screensaver is that we
> ensure that the pam modules pick up the correct environment (for
> things like krb cache files etc).
>
> One possible advantages to doing it in GDM is that it will work for
> any type of session.
>
> Thoughts?

<vendor hat>
please, try to avoid dependency on GNOME session as much as possible,
otherwise it will be a pain to use gdm with something else than GNOME
(and there are users which don't use gdm with GNOME).
</vendor hat>

--
Frederic Crozat <fcrozat mandriva com>
Mandriva