Re: [gdm-list] Q: How to make screenshots/screencasts from a running gdm?
- From: Ritesh Khadgaray <khadgaray gmail com>
- To: Brian Cameron <Brian Cameron Sun COM>
- Cc: gdm-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: [gdm-list] Q: How to make screenshots/screencasts from a running gdm?
- Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 05:36:09 +0530
On Mon, 2007-03-12 at 00:35 +0800, Brian Cameron wrote:
> > An odd question to ask, I admit, but still I need some hints on this. I
> > really want to make a screencast (or at least screenshots) of a running
> > gdm... not just gdm running from inside a gnome-session (using
> > DOING_GDM_DEVELOPMENT=1) or inside a Xephyr instance.
I can think of three things
1. Use VMWare or a equivalent app to "record" gdm/gnome session.
2. Use xnest to capture gdm screenshot/movie in combination with
3. Use a dummy X server/vnc server and record the vnc session using
ॐ मणि पद्मे हूँ
LinuX N Stuff
Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway.
] [Thread Prev