[gdm-list] Problem with gdm start in Debian-Live

	Hello,

  I'm trying to build a system bootable from the network with
Debian-Live project (http://debian-live.alioth.debian.org/), based on a
Debian Etch, and I modified its default gdm configuration to remove
autologin, as I prefer to have the standard greeter or the chooser.
  So I removed the autologin items in the gdm configuration file :
AutomaticLoginEnable, AutomaticLogin, TimedLoginEnable, TimedLogin
and TimedLoginDelay items. Then booting, gdm try to start, the screen flickers multiple times, and at the end, it tells me « The greeter application appears to be crashing.
Attempting to use a different one. » (in a Zenity's graphical box).
Clicking OK restart the same scheme without more success.

  I don't think it's a Xorg config problem, as I don't touch Xorg
config from autologin which worked, and I get the error message in a
graphical environment.
  My gdm conf is :
[daemon]
[security]
[xdmcp]
Enable=True
[gui]
[greeter]
[chooser]
[debug]
Enable=True
[servers]

  The gdm debug didn't give me hints about the problem.

  I've found that gdm works again when I add the "-ac" option to the
Xorg server in the gdm config like this :
0=Standard -ac

  I suspect a problem with xhost/xauth, but I don't know how to solve
this issue.

  Can you give me any suggestion about how to solve this ?

	with regards,
		Fred.