Re: [gdm-list] Hard set session for users and group

Andre:

Keep in mind that GDM does not know what user you intend to login as
before you authenticate.  So it is not possible to modify the menus
based on the username that the user will enter.

That said, you could probably do something like remove all the default
desktop files in /usr/share/xsessions and add a new one that calls a
script that checks the userid/groupid values and starts the appropriate
session.  This would cause only one session to appear in the menu that
would have the behavior you want, I think.

Brian

Prompt me how I can hardly set in GDM to the user or to group of users to start only the certain session? On an example I would want that for group of ordinary users was started Openbox, and for for administrators high-grade KDE.
 Now the user in a window of registration can choose to itself any session!

SY,
Andre
Ukraine.