Re: [gdm-list] GObject branch

> > Ray, I'd like to hear your thoughts on how to redesign the greeter
> > control and verify subsystems in light of your smartcard/threaded
> > work.
>
> Well, boc, recently picked up the smart card stuff and moved it to a
> dbus daemon that emits signals for insertion and removal of tokens.
>
> I think the gdm integration should basically be:
>
> 1) Listen for Inserted or Removed dbus signal and reset pam conversation.
>
> That's it.  the pam stack should do the rest.

Just some pointers to my work (significantly based on Ray's), in case
people are interested:

The project page:

http://code.google.com/p/scmon/

The D-Bus interface:

http://scmon.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/monitor/com.novell.Pkcs11Monitor.interface

A simple client:

http://scmon.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/listener/scmon-client.c

I have a patch for gdm which uses this.  In addition to listening for
the d-bus events, in the case of a smart card login it uses a
different pam service name which is configured for smart cards.

 -- jacob