Re: [gdm-list] using gdm with pam_mkhomedir

Brian,

Thanks, I'm starting to get closer, but I'm wondering if this might end up as a bug/feature request.
I read a tip at the bottom of this page: http://www.redhat.com/magazine/024oct06/features/tips_tricks/ about using pam_oddjob_mkhomedir.so
The article makes it sound like pam_mkhomedir gets run with the permissions of GDM, which is none for security reasons. Is there someone around that could verify this?

I haven't had a chance to try it with redhat's oddjob module yet, but I have a hack using automount as a backup plan now - a program map that creates the home directories, and never returns mount parameters.

thanks
-jim