Re: [gdm-list] using gdm with pam_mkhomedir

On 7/7/07, Ritesh Khadgaray <khadgaray gmail com> wrote:
Hello

  Sorry i am not next to my RHEL5 box, but on my F& box with gdmsetup i
see a option under "Security" page - "Only allow login if user owns
their home directory". let me know, if this helps .

Already have these set in /etc/gdm/custom.conf:
[security]
RelaxPermissions=2
CheckDirOwner=false

I've tested, and both these options work as expected, but don't fix my problem.
It seems that gdm-binary is denying login when there isn't a home directory, and never checks the session with pam which would create one.

thanks
-jim