[gdm-list] GDM Connection

Hello, I am working on an application that shuts down the computer after
a specified period of time. If I were to use the system halt command, I
would need a password so that the user executing it would have
administrative privileges. I want to avoid this, do it just like the
GNOME Quit applet does, but I don't understand how to set up a
connection to GDM and what message should I send. Please help me if you
know ;) Thank you