[gdm-list] Help with GDM 2.20.2: gdm ignoring custom server config

I recently upgraded to GDM 2.20.2 via Debian/Lenny.  I now notice that
my custom [server-foo] instances are being ignored without messages.
I turned on debug to look for a problem.

E.g

> gdmflexiserver -c GET_SERVER_LIST
OK Standard

but my gdm.conf has:

[server-Standard]
name=Standard server
command=/usr/bin/X -br -audit 0 -layout Single
flexible=true

[server-Dual]
name=Dual Head
command=/usr/bin/X -br -audit 0 -layout Dual
flexible=true

[server-Xinerama]
name=Xinerama
command=/usr/bin/X -br -audit 0 -layout Xinerama
flexible=true

If I do:

> gdmflexiserver -c "GET_SERVER_DETAILS Standard COMMAND"
OK /usr/bin/X -br -audit 0 -layout Single

which shows my nonstandard command.  I tried changing order
of the stanzas while grabbing at straws.

Is this a Debian problem? This all worked fine on an earlier version.
Does anyone know what I'm missing?  A new default feature?  I tried
scanning the changelogs but didn't find anything relevant.

Thanks in advance!!

--Martin

P.S. I'm not suscribed so please cc me . . .