Re: [gdm-list] BORDER element in the greeter.dtd

Finchair:

I believe the "border" element in the greeter.dtd is in error.  Looking
at greeter-parser.c, which parses the greeter theme XML file, it clearly
doesn't process this element at all.  In fact, the greeter code doesn't
reference anything that seems to relate to borders being configurable via
XML at all.  The ChangeLog doesn't reference any past support for this
element.  It's probably right to remove this.

In fact, I'd bet the DTD hasn't been updated for some of the new features
that the greeter supports.  I'd bet the default circles/happygnome themes
probably don't validate against this DTD.  If someone wanted to clean up
the DTD and make it more up-to-date, that would be great.  I'd happy accept
any fixes to it upstream - including removing this unused "border" element.

Brian

Can someone explain the usage of the <border> element in the greeter.dtd file. I have done some experimentation and have been unable to get any results when using it. I have been unable to find any reference the the element in any of the documentation and even google has been useless. :-)

Is this possibly a discontinued element left only for backwards compatibility?

Thanks,
Finchair
Take the Internet to Go: Yahoo!Go puts the Internet in your pocket: <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=48253/*http://mobile.yahoo.com/go?refer=1GNXIC> mail, news, photos & more.