[gdm-list] XDMCP proxy server with Xdmc

Dear all,

I'm trying to setup migratable XDMCP sessions for use in a thin-client
type configuration.

I've set gdm to proxy using Xdmx, however if the connection between the
original XDMCP initiator and Xdmx is broken, the Xdmx server quits.

My main reason for wanting migratable sessions is in case of network
failure or accidental disconnection at the client. Does anyone know if
such a configuration is possible?

My original plan was using GDM to manage migration VNC connections, but
having "designed" how it should work, and started to read code to
implement it, I discovered it had already been prototyped in 2005 by
Mark McLoughlin.

I figured a roundabout way to do this might be using the later-provided
XDMCP proxying in gdm, then a standard VNC xinetd setup to launch Xvnc
-query localhost. This kindof works, but VNC has a nasty bug which makes
it segfault periodically with certain protocol traffic.

Any pointers how to get a working Xdmx migration system would be kindly
received.

Regards,

--
Peter Clifton