Re: [gdm-list] Xdmcp problem (solved)

Jacques:

I've found the explanation of my problem (freeze of GDM using XDMCP).
It was not a GDM bug, but a bad network configuration. I've just
missed to write the terminals adresses in /etc/hosts (this is not
frequently told in xdmcp documentation).
Result : GDM is very, very slow to respond to new XDMCP requests, and
freezes when requests exist before the launch. It's OK with just one
X-Term, slow with two, and does'nt work at all with three.

Are you sure the slowness is GDM, or is it the Xserver?  XDMCP may not
be the fastest protocol to support multiple terminals running on the
same machine.

A faster approach may be to connect the displays directly to the server
and make each a different display (:0, :1, :2, etc.).

Brian