Re: [gdm-list] GDM smartcard hack

G'day,

> You probably need to hack the PAM module if you want a
> different label.
> It'd be gross to change the prompt in the GDM GUI code, I'd think.

I didn't want to change labels, just wondering if it is possible to not
display an edit field until one is actually needed (ie, when a PIN is
requested, not before). But on reflection "until one is actually needed"
is too hard to figure out.

> PamStack was added in 2.14.5.  I'd recommend using this version (the
> latest 2.16 release would be better) since it has code like this to
> support things like SmartCard, dynamic PAM stack modification, etc.

Thanks for the info. I'll look into supporting later versions.

-- Geoff