[gdm-list] xdmcp error in gdm

Hi,

We are using gdm with centos 3.8 (x86_64) (the same is happen if we use RHEL 3.8) and we implemented xdmcp to use with exceed remote displays.

When we accessed in local way, that is we log in in gdmgreeter everything is ok. We access to apps without problem.

When we configured gdm to accept remote petitions from clients, the problem is that we can log in remotely and do our jobs without problem, but when log out from the remote system, in the console we can’t do anything else. I tried many things, like xclock or xterm and the error is

$ xterm

Xterm: Xt error: can’t open display:0.0

If we reset the X server all is fine.

We can run the xterm program if we add the –display word after the command

$ xterm –display localhost:0.0

(opens the terminal in gnome desktop)

We tried to investigate the PreSession and PostSession dirs, but we can’t figure what is happening.

Can you help us?

Thanks in advance.

Saludos.

Claudio G. Pera