Re: [gdm-list] help: Xvnc + gdm

On 5/15/06, Brian Cameron <Brian Cameron sun com> wrote:
Is it possible you are running different versions of GDM on the client
and server?

Is gdmlogin the client and gdm-binary the server?

If so, no.  I reinstalled both several times, rebooted several times, etc.

I think it's a red herring.  I just searched the mailing list archives, and
it appears that by default gdm doesn't accept XDMCP queries.  If enabling
it doesn't solve it, and further reading of the mlist doesn't help, I'll email
again.

Note that we have the same problem with XDM, and KDM.

Also Xvnc is looking for some kind of SecurityPolicy file at an odd location,
I think it was:
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xserver/SecurityPolicy

I'm not sure what is supposed to go in there.  I created an empty one
and it stopped complaining.
--
"Curiousity killed the cat, but for a while I was a suspect" -- Steven Wright
Security Guru for Hire http://www.lightconsulting.com/~travis/ -><-