[gdm-list] Auto-login demands password

Hello all,

I have used the autologin feature of gdm's custom.conf for years on many
versions of gdm & gnome without problem, however recently my operating
system (Fedora Core 5) released an updated version of gdm (2.14.8,
identified by Fedora as 2.14.8-1) which, while using the same
custom.conf, suddenly began a different behavior while using the same
custom.conf file: when gdm starts, rather than immediately logging me
in, it displays a small panel which demands that I enter my password
(though it already knows my username).  After I enter my password, it
starts my session as normal.

According to
http://www.gnome.org/projects/gdm/docs/2.14/configuration.html#daemonsection
: "No password will be asked." (if AutoLoginEnable is true, which it
is), which is exactly what I want.

Here is the relevant section of my custom.conf:
[daemon]
AutomaticLoginEnable=true
AutomaticLogin=my-user-name

Is this a bug, is the documentation out-of-date, is there another
configuration option?  Any ideas on what I must do to correct this?

Much thanks in advance,
David Favro