Re: [gdm-list] change startmenu ( add one ) with scripting

Christof:

Refer to the Desktop Integration Specification, or the GNOME System
Administration Guide:

http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Standards
http://www.gnome.org/~bmsmith/gnome-2-14-pdfs/

Note this is not really the right forum for asking questions about
how to configure the desktop after login.

Brian

i'm looking for a solution // tutorial // workaround. In short something to solve my problem.

I would like to make it possible to change the menu ( applications , internet ) after the login, before user can access it as some kind of logon script. I would like to add 1 menu to it where we can find all software provided by the company ( office,.... ) but that ammount of software depends from user to user so it has to be changed by script.

Any one has an idea how to create menu's,... in your gnome startmenu.
greetz
christof