[gdm-list] Log out bug with GDM 2.8

Hello, everyone,
I was wondering if anyone had encountered this before/knew how to fix it.

I have multiple users set up on my debian machine, and frequently (but not
always, only about 80% of the time) GDM hangs while logging out.

I go Gnome-menu, log out, yes, etc. It closes gnomepanel and all the
windows I have open, but leaves the desktop background up. It hangs at
this point.
I can Ctrl Alt Bkspc or Ctrl Alt F-x. Also, if I try to do
/etc/init.d/gdm stop it will say "GDM Display manager: stopping" and take
an extremely long time.
Thank you very much!
-Raphael