[gdm-list] Re: redirecting connection from remote host

Hello,

Otherwise if we can close the X connection between thin client and server after the user logout, this will also do. i.e. after logout the control should be returned to thin client machine. How I can do this? Please reply ASAP.

Regards,
- Ashish G. K.
IIT Bombay India.

Ashish Khurange wrote:

Hello,

I'm developing a High availability cluster for thin clients. For this I have following requirements.

1. There is a master server, which is used by thin clients to get the kernel code and boot. It is also the load balancer in the system. 2. All the thin clients after booting sends a xdmcp direct query to load balancer. 3. Load balancer will provide login screen to thin clients, get thin clients authenticated.

Up to this part everything is OK.

4. After the authentication, the load balancer has to take scheduling decision depending on user authenticated, load on various servers.
5. The load balancer will select an optimal server to serve this user.
6. Now the connection of thin client with load balancer should be broken and the thin client should establish new connection with the selected server. 7. The selected server should provide auto-login to the user, it should not ask for login again. That is this redirection should be transparent.

I don't have much information about GDM & XDMCP. So, is it possible to do this? If yes, which part of code of GDM I need to dig? Also please tell me how to get started to understand the code of GDM.

Thank you all in advance.

- Ashish G. K.
 IIT Bombay, India.