Re: [gdm-list] undoing changes

Jay:

Auto login and timed login are a little different.
Auto login only works the first time GDM starts, after
a reboot.  If you have autologin turned on and then
logout, you should not have it try to automatically
log you back in again.

On the other hand, timed login works every time you

Aside from this difference automatic login is the
same as timed login with a delay set to 0.

Brian

made from the graphical environment after they make x
unbootable.
I was curious why I could check both timed logon and
auto logon, thought they should be mutually exclusive.
 Since they weren't, figured there must be some use
for that.  Doesn't look like it.  Login loop resulted.
 Looking thru your docs to see what file was changed,
maybe I could edit it, or copy the model over it. Good luck. I'm sure you think this info is somewhere
natural, but I haven't found it yet.  I can reinstall
ubuntu, but if it's going to be like that, I guess
I'll be like a typical windows user who is scared to
try anything he doesn't already know.
I'd appreciate a response, even if it were to start
with,  "you idiot, etc"

Thanks

Jay Joffe
jrjoffe yahoo fr