Re: [gdm-list] GDM Default settings problem.

Lee:

I am having a problem with GDM under Ubuntu 5.04. I installed it over 5 months ago and everything worked fine until about two weeks ago. When I log in, GDM no longer remembers the "Default" setting, which was Fluxbox and it doesn't remember the "Last" setting, which was also Fluxbox. It only uses Gnome for both settings no matter what I do. Also, when I switch the session setting to Fluxbox, it does not ask me if I want to set my default session setting anymore. I have a Guest account on my machine, and I have it set to XFCE as the default setting for that account and it all seems to work the way it should. What could have gone wrong and what can I do about it to fix it?

Your default session should be saved in $HOME/.gnome2/gdm.  You might
want to make sure that this file has proper read permissions for the gdm
user and that GDM had read access to the directory at login time.

The default session is defined in the /etc/gdm/gdm.conf file.  Is it set
properly there?

Brian