[gdm-list] gdm, utmp and autolog

I'm running redhat 8.0 (gdm-2.4.0.7-14) and autolog. autolog automatically
logs out users after a while. This tool is reading /var/run/utmp via
getutent.

When logging into the system via tty everything is fine (ut_line is set to
ttyX).

When logging in via gdm, ut_line is set to ":0". This is definitely wrong. I
tried it out with redhat 9 - and it is runnig correctly (ut_line = "pts/1").

So, there is something wrong while setutent(). I've had la look at gdm
source, but haven't found the right hint.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks in advance,
Joerg.