[gdm-list] Tektronix xterm causes forked process segfault

Hello,
       I am using a tektronix X-Term to connect via XDMCP to my GDM
server.  I
am using slackware 10.2 (now) with dropline-gnome 2.12 which ships gdm
2.8.0.5. After this upgrade I no longer can attempt to login to the
Xterm with GDM. Other remote logins work (via GDM greeter on a remote
linux box, and through Xnest). However, since the upgrade, the gdm
process attempts to present the login screen on the xterm, and then it
crashes (the gdm process, not the xterm). I have run an strace on the
GDM process, and it seems that a GDM child process segfaults, but I
cannot tell why.
       I am hoping this list can provide me the best method(s) to
troubleshoot
this problem. I suspect that a library that GDM depends upon was
upgraded, and for some reason or another, is incompatible with the
X-Terminal X-Server.
       Please let me know what I can do to further investigate.
       Regards,
       Nate