[gdm-list] Dbus-launch and gdm

Hi,

I'm trying to run dbus in such a way as my gnome session (which is
started by gdm) is aware of it, so I can use dbus-aware programs like
muine-shell.

The dbus-launch man page describes how to do this:

<snip>
       Here is an example of how to use dbus-launch with an
       sh-compatible shell
       to start the per-session bus daemon:

         ## test for an existing bus daemon, just to be safe
         if test -z "$DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS" ; then
             ## if not found, launch a new one
             eval `dbus-launch --sh-syntax --exit-with-session`
             echo "D-BUS per-session daemon address is:
             $DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS"         fi

       You might run something like that in your login scripts.

       Another way to use dbus-launch is to run your main session
       program, like
       so:

       dbus-launch gnome-session

       The above would likely be appropriate for ~/.xsession or
       ~/.Xclients.
</snip>

Also see here for a discussion of using it with gdm:
       http://www.mail-archive.com/blfs-support linuxfromscratch org/msg02997.html

PROBLEM: the patch in the above instructions don't seem to bear much
relation to the relevant gdm file included with Debian, which I guess is
/etc/gdm/Xsession.  Does anyone know how I could change this to achieve
dbus-launch for every session I run?

Hope someone can help.

Best wishes,
Matt