Re: gdm and ssh keys

On Mon, 2 May 2005, josh wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> I got it work by switching the order of these lines:

[snip]

> The configuration you described below is exactly what I've read just
> about everywhere. I don't know why that should work for anybody, since
> you still have to enter your regular system password.

[snip]

Hi people. A comment not on the specific subject but on these "getting
pam to do xxxx" issues..

I must admit that from my experience trying to use pam (or make pam work
in a particular way) in a few distributions (I'm remembering debian
woody or sarge, mandrake 9.1 and suse 8.1) was a real PITA.. I would place
the same pam modules, in the same order, using the same options for each,
and I would get different behaviours in each distro.. And I think I've
even saw different behavious using two versions of the same distro!

... all this to say that ... if you try to configure pam.. sometimes it
seems that randomly arrange the rule orders and options is the only way
to get things working the way they're suposed to.. and keep your fingers
crossed!

:-)
Joao