Re: Introduction (was GDM maintainership)

Hi Brian,

Today at 1:35, Brian Cameron wrote:

> My name is Brian Cameron and I've volunteered to do maintainership duties for
> GDM for the time being.  George has graciously volunteered to help review
> patches, and I'll work to keep GDM on the GNOME release cycle.  Just to
> introduce myself a bit, I work for Sun Microsystems and have worked on
> GNOME for the past 4 years.  I have contributed to the GNOME project by
> working on various a11y components (mainly libgail), performance tuning
> (improvements to gdk-pixbuf scaling, integrating gdk-pixbuf with Solaris'
> hardware accelleration chipset), GStreamer, and generally getting GNOME
> working properly with Solaris.

Just to let you know that your name is already recognisable in Gnome
community :)  I must have come across it in Bugzilla, mailing lists,
ChangeLogs and who knows where else.  So, I think the above
introduction will be needed only for the minority of people (that's
sort of a compliment :).

Of course, I welcome you as the GDM maintainer (and thank George for
all the work he did!), and wish you all the best!

> I'm new to being a maintainer so don't hesitate to send me an email if
> I'm overlooking anything.  You can also reach me as user "yippi" on
> various irc.gimp.org channels like  #gnome and #sun.

Apart from those checks Elijah mentioned that few of us expect in the
mail, I don't think you've missed anything! :)

Btw, you can access GimpNet through irc.gnome.org as well :)

Cheers, and again, good luck!
Danilo