Can't add a local server

Hi,

gdm appears to be confused when I add an extra server with:

1=Standard

... in /etc/X11/gdm/gdm.conf

The second server starts up and presents a login prompt. If I log in on
the first server (C-M-F7) and then try to log in on the second (C-M-F8)
the session fails with a message saying that :0.0 is already in use.

Why would it be trying to use :0.0 - surely it should be using :1.0 ???

I also tried gdmflexiserver but got a similar result. In that case, access
to :0.0 was granted and the windows for the third server (C-M-F9) appeared
on :0.0!!! Rather unpleasant.

I used to do this regularly with xdm but I now need the session choice
support of gdm - or kdm, I suppose.

I'm using gdm-2.6.0.6 on gentoo linux with xorg-x11-6.8.0-r3 on a 2.6.9
kernel.

Of course, this could be a problem with xorg ....

Thanks

Bob

--
Bob Hepple