Re: [gdm-list] Is AlwaysRestartServer=false always false??

Yitzhak Bar Geva wrote:

All of the logfiles in your tarball seem to have this error
message in them:

(--) NVIDIA(0): Linear framebuffer at 0xC8000000
(--) NVIDIA(0): MMIO registers at 0xEA000000
NVIDIA: could not open the device file /dev/nvidia0 (Input/output error).
(EE) NVIDIA(0): Failed to initialize the NVIDIA graphics device!
(EE) NVIDIA(0):  *** Aborting ***
(II) UnloadModule: "nvidia"
(II) UnloadModule: "int10"
(EE) Screen(s) found, but none have a usable configuration.

Fatal server error:
no screens found

Please consult the The X.Org Foundation support
         at http://wiki.X.Org
 for help.
Please also check the log file at "/var/log/Xorg.3.log" for additional information.

This looks like a problem with your nvidia driver (aka /dev/nvidia0).
The gdm-list is probably not the best forum to get help with Xorg
nvidia issues.  I'd recommend checking with nvidia support, or a
forum more focused on Xorg driver issues.  Google might help you
track down such forums.

Sorry I can't be more help.  Perhaps someone else on this list might
respond some more useful information to help you with your specific
driver problem.

Brian

Attached is a tar file with gdm logs which failed on
trying to restart the X server even though
AlwaysRestartServer=false.
Question: Does AlwaysRestartServer=false imply that
the X server is not always restarted, but sometimes is
restarted anyway? I want to guarantee that it never
gets restarted.
Can anyone venture why it might be restarting even
though asked not to?