[gdm-list] AlwaysRestartServer doesn't work

I just performed a simple test:
AlwaysRestartServer=false
I brought up gdm, looked at the pid of the X server
and then logged out. Checking the pid after logout
should a new pid.
I assume therefore that gdm is ignoring the value of
AlwaysRestartServer and resetting the X server no
matter what.
Can anyone advise? We need to guarantee that the X
server does not(!) restart after logout.
Yitzhak