Re: GDM 2.4.1.7-1 crash - again - Solved

The issue was caused by a missing font. So the greeter crashed again and again. Now i am gray-haired, but gdm works fine now. Actually I don't know which font was needed and I've installed yesterday, apt-get doesn't create a log file and I doesn't know it anymore

Thomas Langer wrote:
Sorry but nobody has a solution? Its really frustrating :( I enabled debug-mode, the logfile you can see here:

http://www.langersoft.de/stuff/gdm_syslog.txt

---

Hi anyone,

I am running Debian SID, Xfree 86 4.2.1-16 and GDM  2.4.1.7-1. Gnome2.4
is running when I start it via startx, no issue. But gdm does not work,
it starts 4 times and go back to console. Error Message: "tried to start
xserver several times". XDM is working, when I start it

In xfree86.log there is nothing to see, no error-message. in gdm.log
same - no error message.

Any Ideas?

Thomas