Re: GDM only shows on my projector screen! Not Monitor! (duel head)

On Sun, Feb 22, 2004 at 01:36:05AM +0000, Antony Stubbs wrote:
> I've looked around, read some mans and stuff but I can't figure out how
> to make it so gdm will load onto both screens, of even so it will load
> only to my secondary head which is my monitor. Of course I don't want to
> have to turn on my projector to log in!
> Once gdm is loaded, it displays on the project, and I can move my mouse
> down, and the mouse appears on the monitor - with just a plain black
> background... Perhapes gdm should display on all 'displays' if there's
> more than one available?
> I've tried puttying DISPLAY=:0.1 in a few places and I've looked through
> some GDM config files but I can't find anything...
> In X, everything gets displayed onto my :0.1 screen because at the
> beginning of my .xinitrc I've put DISPLAY=:0.1 ... But of course GDM
> gets loaded before this is read. How can I tell X on loading that I want
> everything on :0.1 ?

There is so far no way to do this.  Why not switch your screens to be
:0.0 for your normal screen and :0.1 for the projector?  There is a bug filed
in bugzilla to also add selection of screen to GDM, but it's not implemented
yet.  It shouldn't be all that difficult given that gtk now supports multiple
screens.  That is it should be easy to make selectable screens, but not so
easy to make it display on all displays, that would take quite a bit of work.

George

--
George <jirka 5z com>
   You can't say civilization isn't advancing: in every war they kill you