[jirka 5z com: Re: How does gdm find its gdm.conf file under SuSE 8.2?]

forgot to reply to list ... argh!

George

--
George <jirka 5z com>
   - I'm getting better!
On Wed, Feb 04, 2004 at 04:17:24PM -0600, Barnet Wagman wrote:
> I've recently installed gdm under SuSE 8.2 and it doesn't seem to be
> finding changes I've made to gdm.conf;
> I've edited /etc/opt/gnome2/gdm/gdm.conf but the changes don't seem to
> take effect, after restarting gdm or rebooting the system altogether.

gdm looks for the config file in the directory which has been used as the
sysconfdir when the package was compiled.  No env vars are used for this.

> I'd expect to get the gdmchooser and get a chooser button in the
> greeter, but keep getting the standard greeter with no chooser button.

Probably editting the wrong gdm.conf file then.  have you tried
"locate gdm.conf"?

--
George <jirka 5z com>
   relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.