Re: Strange problem

On Wed, Aug 18, 2004 at 08:00:14PM +0200, Richard Gill math uu nl wrote:
> Dear George
>
> > BTW, what is the value of ShowLastSession key in the config file?  I think
> > this may be misconfigured gdm.
>
> in /etc/X11/gdm/gdm.conf:
>
> ShowLastSession=false
>
> So I should set this to true and see if I get the behaviour which
> I should expect, when I log in using a different desktop environment?

Damnit, exactly like the bug report on redhat says.  For some reason they
have some sick sexual attachment to switchdesk and are refusing to not use
it.  Basically fedora now doesn't work right for people who use gdm (and
likely kdm) and works ok for people who use startx.  Their argument for
keeping switchdesk is that people using startx would have to manually edit
a startup file.  Though I don't at all understand that rationale since people
using startx are already command line people and won't mind doing that (it's
not like that's being done all that often anyway).  (Besides they could
rewrite switchdesk to edit and use ~/.dmrc if they don't want to get a
divorce with switchesk).

Feel free to add comments to the redhat bugreports, and tell them that I said
that they should get rid of their switchdesk fetish.  What can one do ...
There was even a bug about getting rid of switchdesk once, but they changed
their minds ...

George

--
George <jirka 5z com>
   Then, when you have found the shrubbery, you must cut down the mightiest