Re: Strange problem

Le mar 10/08/2004 à 17:57, George a écrit :
> On Fri, Aug 06, 2004 at 08:00:11PM +0200, areversat wrote:
> > Hi I've got a weird problem with gdm : it doesn't ask me if i want to
> > keep the session as default session when I don't use my usual desktop
> > manager... So I4d like to know
> > 1) if you would know the cause of this
> > 2) where the default session is stored (the one started when calling
> > /etc/gdm/Xsession default
>
> Which version of gdm?  Which distro?
it's gdm GDM 2.6.0.3
on a debian SID (gdm comes from the debian package)

> The default version for gdm is whatever is in your .dmrc file.  If it doesn't
> ask you it's probably because it doesn't find your home directory safe to
> write (permissions wrong on your home dir or on ~/.dmrc, wrong file owner
> or some such)  It should complain to syslog (/var/log/messages) about what
> went wrong.
I don't see anything in /var/log/messages concerning gdm... And
permissions seem reight (even though i don't have ~/.dmrc anymore
because i removed it trying to get gdm to resume normal operations but
it didn't recreate the file...)

> It won't start Xsession with 'default' arg unless the default session is
> named 'default'.
That's the one that gets called when I choose "last session" (I put gdm
logging on and saw that)

> Though this all depends on which version of gdm you are running.  Older
> versions worked differently.
>
> George

Thanks for your reply

Antoine Reversat
--
Pour trouver les limites du possible il faut tenter l'impossible.