Re: GDM and gnomerc

On Tue, Apr 13, 2004 at 10:47:05AM -0700, George wrote:
> Look at the Xsession script being used (see BaseXsession script config
> variable).  It is the responsibility of the Xsession script to source
> /etc/profile and $HOME/.profile, it is possible (likely) that debian is not
> doing this correctly.  KDM now works in the same way btw.  The standard
> Xsession script as shipped with gdm should be correct, but most distributions
> for whatever reasons choose to use home baked scripts.

	Debian is, indeed, getting it wrong.  See
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=242507.  They want the
user to roll their own .xsession just to get the environment (I had
guessed this from reading the scripts, but I asked you, George, because
I wanted to see if that was the upstream direction or not).

Joel

--

"What does it say about a society's priorities when the time you
 spend in meetings on Monday is greater than the total number of

			http://www.jlbec.org/
			jlbec evilplan org