Re: GDM and french language

On Fri, Oct 31, 2003 at 11:40:26AM +0100, Jean-Baptiste Binet wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I am working on a Linux BlueCat system with GDM installed.
> The system is installed in french language.
> But I would like the GDM interface to be in french too.
> For example, I would like to change the text "Shutdown" in
> the menu "Actions".
> Could you help me please ?
> Thanks.

You must have the system setup such that /etc/profile sets up the language.
Otherwise you can also set the language in the /usr/bin/gdm script by
adding

LANG=fr_FR
export LANG

before running the gdm-binary

George

--
George <jirka 5z com>
   If Christ were here now there is one thing he would not be - a Christian.